• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monitor 40 burner lights flashing

Hi all,

First time poster here.
    I've found this forum to be very helpful, thanks hayzee518

Using info I found here I was able to find and fix some problems with my old 40. Here's my story and the new symptom

I was getting flashing 8888 (after running correctly and at end of cycle) I cleaned the filter screen, chamber, flamerod, ignitor, and replaced the burner ring.(the ring was cracked badly and burning mostly yellow)
    Replacing the ring seemed to solve the flashing 8888.

Then about 1 week later, on a cold morning, we woke up to find the burner lights flashing, the set temp was our normal 70 and the room temp was a true 57

It reset normally and fired perfectly.

So, now I have a nice ring of blue flame, everything works great, except for waking up to a cold house and the burner lights flashing. I'd like to eliminate this happening again.

What should I try next ?

Hayzee518 mentions a troubleshooting diagram in the illustrations section, but I can't find it. Did it go away with the .pdf manual ?

Thanks in advance,
    Bert

the 88:88 usually means loss of ac power to the unit. check that the plug is in tightly in the socket. could be your house power went out overnight.

Comment

thanks, but thats not the problem

We had no outage last night (nothing else in the house was flashing)

Not flashing 8's since I cleaned the soot and replaced the burner ring, now its flashing burner staus bars. (after working fine for days)

Is there a difference between flashing 8's and flasher burner bars ?

What do the flashing burner bars tell me ?

I do appreciate your help so far, but I've searched this site and can't find reference to flashing bars.

Comment

flashing bars - the burner status lights, all of them flash because no flame was detected. unplug the unit to reset the computer. plug back in and reset your setpoint. press set. the monitor 40 and 41 has a toggle over center lockout. press the red button a few times to refill the sump. have you removed the whole sump tank to see if there is any gunk in the botom?

Comment

Working...
        X
        =