Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WINDOWS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have 10 year old vinyl (double glass) windows, builder grade.

My wife wants to replace them with new vinyl windows (also double glass)from Alside. Upon appearace, they look pretty much the same.

The contractor says the new windows are a step up. They have clild locks, double hung, welded seams, low UV.

But.... I'm wondering if I really should replace my old windows? I mean, yes they are 10 years old, but they are not broke or leaking. I know it's hard to say without a side by side comparison. But do you think it's worth replacing all windows at this time? What's the life expectancy of the 10 year old builder grade windows?

I would think your windows should still be fine. I guess the best way to determine if it is worth replacing them is to do a cost benefit analysis. What will it cost to replace them? How much money will it save you (power consumption, heat loss, etc)? Are the new features worth the cost to you. Yes the new windows might be nicer, but are they nicer in a way that will benefit you? If not, then I might spend the money elsewhere!

Comment

Working...
    X
    =