Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor MPI Kwh124

I just bought a home that has a Monitor MPI Kwh 124 Tankless waterheater that runs on kerosene. I have read in previous posts that ITS a Relic and I will replace BUT I dont know the best way to go as far as kerosene or propane. Any advice would be appreciated.

I guess the best way is to weigh your options as to per gallon cost to operate the device. MPI and kero and propane is about 97% efficient. Propane fluctuates about 18 cents up or down annually. If you presently use propane for "other than cooking" the price per gallon will be less because you use more of it.

Comment

We've had a Toyotomi BS-36UFF K1 water heater for about 12 years and are quite happy with it. We have times when the house is full of people and two showers and the dishwasher going all at once, and there is some fluctuation in water temperatiure. It burns about .25 to .3 gallons of K1 per day. We had one problem a few years ago where it would take several resets to get it to stay lit, but I traced that back to a weak flame detector. Other than that, it's had no maintenance.

Comment

What 2 do? Tankless

Ok I appreciate all the info But, I will only use waterheater when I am visiting cabin on vacation. Will k-1 or propane be better if the unit sits unused for months at a time????

Comment

Propane never wears out. It's in a sealed tank until you use it. Kero is subject to gelling in extremely cold weather and the tank exhibits condensation if it isn't nearly full. I'd go with propane.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =