Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-13 error... igniter?

Well, following the other posts I have cleaned the filter and checked the fuel feed to the burner. Removed about 6~8oz of kero from the burner pot, surprised by the amount. Am starting to think igniter.

I have taken a Ohm meter to the igniter and it reads open, I suspect it should read somthing. Does anyone here know what it should read? Aanyone have any other thoughts, since it doesn't even fire.

Thanks,
    John

igniter should read some resistance as 120 volts are applied to it.

Comment

HayZee518,

Thanks for the reply, tomorrow I will apply 115v to the heater for a short time to see if it fires. I don't believe it will and the source of my problem is here.

I just found this forum today and has a great deal of collective knowledge to offer, thank you all.

I am no stranger to monitor heaters having used them and repaired them for about 28 years, I have had a Monitor 30 and a Monitor 20. Both were excellent. Currently my home is heated with a 441 and 422 and my shop has a 2400, this one has the problem.

John Hayes

Comment

the igniter doesn't really "fire" it's a tubular heater with a coil inside the ceramic tube. kind of like the hot rail igniter on most stoves.

Comment

Sorry, bad terminology. The heater is more like the quartz heater elements. This was a surprise since the older units I'm used to had the coil and the stainless wick. Have ordered a new igniter, shops getting cold bbrrrrr...

John

Comment

e-13 messges cntinues

so was the igniter the final problem?? I am having the same provlem with my 2400 model. E-13 message so I cleaned the fuel filter, etc. per the previous advice. Now the stove starts, burn light comes on, then when the fan is about to start it shuts down and e-13 comes back on.

Comment

flame in pot

jkoien,

Do you see a flame in the pot when you try to start?

Tom
              Last edited by hawkins111; 02-17-2013, 05:47 PM. Reason: direct post to

Comment

Originally posted by hawkins111 View Post
                Do you see a flame in the pot when you try to start?

Tom
                For me, it was the igniter. Heater has been running just fine since I replaced it. I now keep a spare on hand since this isn't a item I can't fix. The rest of the heater can usually be figured out, but a bad igniter is a no go.

Hope you get it resolved.

John

Comment

Also,

I just had a round of issues with my 441, sounds similar to yours. The heater would get going and then just shut down. Turned out to be a whisker of carbon had developed at the top edge of the flame spreader and was shorting out on the flame rod. That'l shut the heater down instantly. Gave it a good cleaning and all is good again.

John

Comment

e13 ignitor error

Yes, there is flame in the pot, the stove makes heat then shuts off with the e13 message just when the fan should be kicking in.

Comment

E13 message

As "i sore" stated I think you have soot on the flame sensor. Your stove may work if you clean the sensor, but I would say it will start with the E13 message soon. Most of the time Monitors quit it is not just one thing that causes it. The mat may have lifted and that is causing the sooting of the sensor. The burner ring may have warped which can cause the sooting as well. Try to eliminate the easy things first. Change the filter or the tank, clean the filter on the stove, check the flue pipe for ice and snow. Tom

Comment

Will try those, thanks for the help.

Comment

Last month my 2400 ran out of fuel (cutting it too close), after getting a load of fuel the heater exhibited your symptoms where it would start and run up until the blower would come on , then quit with the error code. Bottom line here is that since I ran out of fuel, the line had air in it, it took about a half dozen restarts before my unit would keep running. I see your located in Alaska, any chance you have some water in the line that has frozen and causing a blockage?

John

Comment

Looks like "i sore" was correct, cleaning the flame detector solved the problem. the stove ran fine all nite, I will do the rest of the cleaning today just for insurance. Than ks to both for the advice.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            =