Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor 22 tries to start but then quits

My Monitor 22 worked fine last year but this winter it failed to start. It went through the 2 minute start cycle, established a yellowy looking flame but then quit.
    I was advised to replace the flame monitor but decide to strip it down and have a good look first.
    The result was that the mesh cone in the middle of the bottom of the burner tube had corroded through at one side and sagged downwards. This meant that the correct spacings in the combustion area had been lost. I bought a new "bottom end" kit including gaskets from hhgcweb@charter.net (on Ebay), installed it all and now the unit is working perfectly.
    All Monitor 22's are getting a bit long in the tooth by now so it is advisable to at least take the viewing window off to inspect its innards before buying other parts piece by piece.

fixing your M22

Good job Alvan,

You have saved yourself some money and now you have a much better understanding of your Monitor. You should be able to keep your M22 going for a long time. If you would like to know more about your heater get a manual off EBAY as well. Then you will have all the part numbers and electrical values. Have a warm Christmas.

Tom

Comment

Working...
    X
    =