Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor 422 exhaust smell

I had my Monitor serviced early this summer at a dealership. I started it up in late September and have noticed an exhaust smell ever since. I replaced the exhaust/intake flue as I found some pinholes in it. The exhaust o-rings look fine. Surely the dealer would have replaced the internal gaskets and noticed any defects at the time?
    There are no obvious external fuel leaks and I'm sure the smell is exhaust in any case. Any ideas?

your dealer should have inspected the exchanger to combustion pot gasket. basically the combustion part is a closed loop system so to speak. outside air is also inlet air. O ring gaskets connect the tube to the heater. viewing port has a gasket. top cover has a gasket. flamerod has a gasket, igniter has a gasket.

Comment

Monitor gaskets

Thanks for the info. Of course the gaskets fell apart once removed but a couple of the ones you mentioned looked suspect. I shall try to get new ones and hopefully that will solve the problem. I will post again later once reassembled.

Comment

M422 exhaust smell

Exactly what did the dealer do to your heater? You must have an invoice? I would look at the Z pipe that goes from the stove to the flue. It is hard to get in on both sides. Shine it up with emery cloth and use anti-seize on the "O" rings. You should also use the spring and clip provided to hold the joint together.

Tom

Comment

Working...
        X
        =