Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belt Driven Genie Opener (Pro Max)

Hello all,

My garage door opener stopped functioning recently, and I noticed that it will struggle to pull up the door, and then just give up.

When I disconnected the door from the belt in order to move the door manually, I noticed that the door makes an awful screeching noise when moved and the arm that connects the door to the belt leaves marks on the track. Also, the door isn't any more difficult to move manually, except for the little resistance which is added from the guide arm scraping the track.

I had a problem with the an opener of the same exact make and model before, and it turned out the main drive gear had split in half.

Upon further inspection of the opener internals for this case, I've found that the gears are in tact, and (to my knowledge) the opener itself is in good working condition.

Is there a problem with the guide arm/belt? Should any lubricant be added? Or do these symptoms point to something else?

Thank you all for the help.

Tux

Unhook the arm from the door bracket and operate the door by hand. Is it heavy to pull up? If so have the springs adjusted. You can spray some silicone lubricant on the trolley carriage and the bottom of the opener rail. Cover the belt with a rag as you spray to avoid overspray onto the belt.

Comment

The door is heavy to pull up initially, but then it gets a little better. Thank you for your advice, I'll have someone adjust the spring for me, I don't want to mess with it, especially because I have no knowledge about garage door springs. I'll see if lubricating the trolley carriage and the bottom of the opener rail.

Thank you so much!

Tux

Comment

Working...
      X
      =