Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pull-out Spray Faucet Hose Head Too Big

Hello. I'm new to the forum and won't call a plumber

I have a Price Phister Pull-out Spray Faucet. The hose broke, so I acquired a new one. The old hose broke off at the head and fell through the faucet and under the sink.

The new hose is a Universal Replacement Hose and it is EXACTLY like the old one. The problem is that I cannot thread it though the faucet because the head is too big. The instructions which came with the new hose make it look so easy.

There are three copper tubes which pass through the hole: two supply and one from the faucet that hooks on to the hose. According to the diagram, this is the way that it should be. Of course, the hose would fit if it did not have the head. The head does not come off: it's a solid part as is the head on the old one (I saved the piece with the head that broke off.)

I hope that I have described this sufficiently. How do I thread this thing through?

Any ideas and/or solutions will be greatly appreciated.

All Price Pfister fuacets produced since 1997 have a Lifetime Warranty.

I would visit Price Pfister - Warranty Information | Pfister Faucet Warranty

To read how to get your free replacement parts.

I believe this may be a case where OEM parts are needed for satisfactory results.

The tubes underneath may need to be bent slightly out of the way...
    I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
    Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
    Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
    Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

Thank you for your response. Just to report, the faucet is fixed!

Your second suggestion, bending the pipes out of the way, worked. It wasn't as simple as it sounds, though. I was afraid that I was going to break them, so I did it painfully slowly. After a day or so of fiddling around, the replacement hose finally snaked through.

Patience was the key, and I didn't have to call a plumber!

Again, thank you for your suggestion.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =