Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pipe leak repair cost?

so i was using my bathtub, and i didnt hear anything while in there so im assuming its just a really bad leak and not a break. when i got out we noticed the carpet in the hall on the other side of the wall was steadily getting wet. mind you this hall and the bath are directly next to each other on this wall so we are also assuming the leak is inside the wall. we do not have a bacement, or anyway to get under the house. we cought it intime before anything got ruined, and we shut the main water off. so what im wondering, if my assumptions about it are currect, will the house insurance cover its repair (since its inside the wall where we cant maintain)? if not around how much will it cost to get repaired?

I guess it will depend on your particular insurance policy and more importantly how much your deductible is ?

If it's just a leak that is drain pipe involved my guess would be somewhere around $150 for plumbing and drywall repair (plumber may well have to cut an access hole to get to the pipes)
    If it's a faucet leak, the cost would climb depending on just what and how the faucets needed repair.

Insurance usually pays for "damage done" not repair of. Repairs are part of home maintenance, again though your particular policy might have an allowance for water leaks, so a quick call to your agent or insurance co. would be a great place to start.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

I would hesitate to offer any price based on the information you have provided.

We have no idea of what is leaking and we have no idea of where you live.

Around here in Connecticut $150 might cover cutting a hole in the wall to see what is leaking. Connecticut has the second highest per capita income in the country with only Washington, DC ahead. We also have higher expenses.

If I were to tell you a price based on what is charged here you might be thinking you had a helluva deal while being swindled.

Likewise if you took the going rate that Pushkins quoted you based on prices in North Carolina and tried to get a plumber to do the work here at that price they would laugh tell you that you are dreaming and walk out the door.
      I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
      Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
      Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
      Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

That's a valid point Redwood, I was thinking locally not nationally.
        Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
        Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Hi friend,
          Some insurance company who claim for recovery are the better option. As most of them cover the the cost of leak detection and accessing the pipe as well as filling in the hole to access the pipe. I think this coverage is significantly better than no coverage for slab leaks at all.

Thanks
          BrainReed

Comment

Re-piping will be the most expensive. I suggest cutting the concrete and repairing the leak is your best solution.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =