Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easywater?

I am considering buying an "Easywater" system instead of a new water softener (it died last year). Does anyone have any experience here? What is thought about this? Anyone out there already own an Easywater system? So far all I know is what I learned at Easywater.com Anyone have other references?
    It sounds nice to not have to buy and lug in salt pellets for the rest of my life.ew

It's a scam! Thanks for not having a direct link to it as on every forum that does it brings in the hords of devoted believers once someone clicks the referral link.

Plenty of reading info on the net at the link below.
    easywater.com scam - Google Search

As you can see the plumbers are non believers and the proponents of these systems are 1 hit wonders that arrive in hords to back up the believers. This is commonly known as a Sybil Attack where a schizophrenic pair of new posters agree with each other to provide credence to their claims. The don't bring any real evidence to the table except claims like i use less soap, my water feels better, and the hotel maintenance guy that say the showerheads have less mineral deposits on them.

The truth is that the only way to soften water is to remove the excessive amounts of calcium and lime from the water. Wrapping a wire around a pipe cannot remove these minerals, only a water softener using the ion exchange method can physically remove these minerals from the water.

At best this system has only hinted at having benefits in a closed loop mulit-pass recirculating system which is a far cry from the potable water system which is a single pass open system.

That's all i will say for now as I believe if I have to work too hard to convince you that it is a scam I will rapidly believe you are one of them spamming this forum board and the reinforcements will be arriving shortly.

If you aren't, my advice is save your money and get a real water softener, not an alternative.
    I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
    Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
    Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
    Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

I have lunch at a Restaurant across the street from my shop and everyday I see an advertisement (if not two or three) for that piece of junk. How they get away with these false claims is totally over my head. There are agencies in the Govt that are supposed to watch out for scams, but these snake oil salesmen keep getting away with it. I'm retired and remember as a kid working for my dad, seeing these magnetic things strapped on pipes in peoples plumbing. I guess P.T. Barnum was right when he said: "There's a sucker born every minute"

Comment

Working...
      X
      =