Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think about this drainage?

I wanted this drain pipe to be routed to the corner of the property and drain into the creek but these retards do the easiest thing for them to do and they just ran it straight out into a gravel field and wrapped the corrugated drain pipe with that black nylon material they use for a debris fence at construction jobs-not landscaping cloth.

I stuck the garden hose into the downspout and ran it for 3 minutes and the water rushed over the rocks , then over the sidewalk and washed over the front yard into the street. I think it will wash everything in the yard away and nothing will grow there.

Eventually, the water after a storm will wash under the sidewalk and really screw things up- i think......what-do-you-think about all this?
    It\'s sometimes better to be lucky than smart.

I think it is suspect at best. Where is the creek in reference to the drain pipe? How hard is it going to be to move it?

Comment

Well the creek is directly behind me in the picture but as you look at the picture the pipe could have taken a right turn at the top of the yard and followed the terrain out of the picture to the right to the corner of the property at the end of the sidewalk where the natural watershed is...(horrible run on sentence)10-15ft. at most. thanks for the come back...do you know if there would be any city restriction to such a set up as this with the water pouring over sidewalk?
      quote:Originally posted by handyandy

I think it is suspect at best. Where is the creek in reference to the drain pipe? How hard is it going to be to move it?

Comment

I see retaining walls with weep holes that pour onto the sidewalk, I imagine your application would be similar, and therefore allowed. But I am not sure. Anyone else?

Comment

The general contractors that did this were well aware of my desires for the location...my concern is that with consistent rainfall that water is going to wash underneath the sidewalk...aesthetically, having this thing right there in front of the house looks like HECK...

I see retaining walls with weep holes that pour onto the sidewalk, I imagine your application would be similar, and therefore allowed. But I am not sure. Anyone else?

Comment

well we had it out last monday with the contractor. i had four work crews at the house that day as well and I noticed there was no crapper out there. I called the city and the inspector came out and cited the contractor for no crapper as well as the drainage that must go to storm drain, the curb or dry well...if you live in this area i'll tell you who not to hire.

It's sometimes better to be lucky than smart.

Comment

Sometimes that is what you have to do to have things done right. So I guess the contractor is going to move the drain pipe?

Comment

The contractor s being a total DIK. He says he isn't going to do anything, that is all he is going to do. We have had it out a few time on the telephone. He did the Backfill 7 days ago and seeded and strawed 4 days ago and now after watering everything is settling and everything has to be shifted and refilled because there is major settling and fracture zones in the yard...

Sometimes that is what you have to do to have things done right. So I guess the contractor is going to move the drain pipe?

Comment

today the contractor was cited by the city for not following the building plans which says that the drainage must go to through the curb to the street.
                  quote:Originally posted by vdotmatrix

The contractor s being a total DIK. He says he isn't going to do anything, that is all he is going to do. We have had it out a few time on the telephone. He did the Backfill 7 days ago and seeded and strawed 4 days ago and now after watering everything is settling and everything has to be shifted and refilled because there is major settling and fracture zones in the yard...

Comment

Is it to late to find a new contractor?

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    =