Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upstairs deck wall mount board replacement

I have an upstairs deck that has a wall mounted board. This board is starting to look a bit rotted and will obviously have to be replaced. The mushrooms are a dead give-away.

My idea is to jack up the house side of the deck and secure the deck and then remove the mount board and then reconnect the deck back to the new mount. I would much rather to something like this then to have to disassemble the deck.

Any thoughts or ideas?

how are the joists fastened to the ledger board? are they just toe nailed in or are you using joist hangers. in either case use a metal cutting blade on a saw-z-all and saw through the nails. support the joists with a long 4X4 and jack it up - use several lally column jacks

Comment

Yes, they're just the brackets that are nailed in. My only concern with the board is the carriage bolts through the wall. I'm assuming that they were installed prior to the inside walls being hung.

If I loosen then bolts, if I cut a channel in the new board where the current bolts are, that should suffice?

Comment

Working...
      X
      =