Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uninsulated garage and electrical

Not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes.
    I have a uninsulated garage that I do not plan on insulating. I heat it with a kerosene heater when I am in it, which is about 30hrs a week. I noticed recently I had a bit of condensation on my electrical panel and roof decking. I am aware that the kerosene heat adds moisture to the air but I am getting very little condensation on the panel and I'm wondering how can I prevent this. None so far on my exposed junction boxes, outlets and switches. I keep all my tools in there and work on the vehicles and projects in there. Winter is my only problem as the summer it has enough airflow with the soffit vents and windows open. How can I prevent the moisture or can I cover the panel with something in the winter? The tools and roof decking I am not so worried about, but electrical I am. Is there a heat source that does not add moisture or something else. Thanks!
    Jtfoxman

I think as far as moisture reduction your in between a rock and a hard place, problem really is you need more ventilation, once you achieve optimum ventilation you'll need more heating to keep a constant temperature.
    A fan moving the air inside the garage might be your best bet, have the fan pointed towards the ceiling while your in there and then leave it on for an hour or so after you leave, or just open the garage doors when your finished for the day.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Ventilation...

Would a dehumidifier help?

Comment

Good idea, I think it would help, might want to run a direct waste water line outside or you'll be emptying it very often.
        Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
        Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Thank guys. I have a drain in the garage I could run the line to. I think I may use a combo of both your ideas.
          Jtfoxman

Comment

Working...
          X
          =