Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSR A14 Stereo Cabinet

Hi, i'm refurbishing a 60-70's stereo and turntable stereo cabinet and i'm having problem getting a good sound, it's good at high volume, but it's really cra**y at low volume, and I don't know why, should I change the speakers?

check your output transformer or if its directly coupled your last output transistor.

Comment

There's nothing on it except T-*1 or I* (Unclear)-67. I've redone all the wiring from the plug to the Transformer but it didn't work. Any idea?

Comment

Should I post a picture? maybe it would help.

Comment

Oh Yeah!!!!, I just changed the transformer for a new, and a little more powerful one, and it sounds like new, really great! Thanks Hayzee!

Comment

AAAAAHHH dammit, it worked for 5 minutes then dropped back to the same sound as before, but It did it on a song with a lot of bass, and it was okay on low-bass songs, but after it dropped back, it wasn't. What could it be? (yeah, i'm not very good in electronics)

Comment

the amplifier uses a push-pull stage for amplification. the output of one transistor is the input to the next stage etc. you'll need an audio generator and an oscilloscope to troubleshoot any amplifier.

Comment

I'll check that, for the record, the receiver is a ''Morse Solid State Stereophonic High-Fidelity''

Comment

i think it would be pudent also to check the quiescent current setting if it has one too, as if this is incorrectly set it will cause cross-over distortion at low volumes.

peter

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =