Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crack in grout on bathroom wall

We re did the bathroom tub wall last year. I noticed a 4inches crack running horizontally between two tiles. How can I fix this.

You could fill it with an epoxy. You could also grind out the grout with a dremel or something, then re-grout it. More then likely it is a setteling crack from the weight of the tiles.

Comment

Since its only 4" long, I would saw out the old grout and, using a color that matched the old lines, re-grout it.

QEP Professional Carbide Hand-Held Grout Saw - 10012 at The Home Depot
      Dan

Comment

grout repair

Thank you very much for your very helpful suggestion

Comment

Without being able to look at it, it is nearly impossible to figure out the problem.

mold removal Santa Clara, mold removal Sunnyvale

Comment

If your grout is crumbling, cracking or falling off your ceramic tile, it's time to remove the old grout and repair the problem areas. Cracked, moldy or missing grout can seep through the cracks and ruin the wall behind the tile. You need to repair the grout as soon as possible or you risk having to replace more than just the grout. Not all grout is white, so if you are not doing the entire wall, find a grout that matches the existing color of the old grout...

Comment

Working...
            X
            =