Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SER Cable to main panel in basement

I am upgrading my electrical service from 200 to 400 amp. I am installing a combo meter base that has two 200 amp disconnects. I will be running SER cable in PVC conduit outside the house (above ground) for about 30 feet. At this point, it will enter the basement through a masonry wall. Once I am through the wall into the basement, can I run the SER cable without conduit to my main panels? The entrance through the wall will be less than 5 feet from my main panels.

above ground? will there be no mechanical protection? SER in direct sunlight is a no-no. the jacket will not stand up to the elements. PLEASE ELABORATE.....

Comment

The SER will be completely inside PVC conduit outside the house and the conduit will continue through the wall. There is nothing underground. Once I get through the wall, I want to just run the SER by itself (no conduit) to my main panel.

Comment

shouldn't be a problem but I'd check with your local inspector. He'll have the last word 'cause the power company will need his approval before they hitch up the main.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =